Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Virginia (fantastic), New Job (hopeful), Flu (praying to avoid it)

It's been a busy week for me, so I apologize for the lack of posts.

Last weekend I was in Virginia to watch one of my best friends get married (and yes, if you can tell by my recent posts, fall is officially the new summer, in terms of a wedding season). So, congratulations to Kristin, who was stunning, and Garrett, who is a very lucky man :)

I was excited about going to Virginia in November for several reasons (seeing my lovely college friends and celebrating this wedding being the obvious big reasons), but also because I thought it was going to be a nice, warm break from chilly Illinois. Yes, I love fall here, but I also don't see a ton of sunlight here... so, I was looking forward to it. Turns out that it was 75 FREAKING DEGREES in Chicagoland over the weekend, and it was probably 60s-ish in VA. Ahhh such is life. It was a pretty amazing weekend. Despite my girlfriends and I potentially ruining a car (so sorry G family - we are ruffians - please bill us), it was SO GOOD. Beautiful, beautiful wedding & couple :)

I did go for two runs while I was there, although they were the "run slowly and stop often" kinds of runs that you take when you're in a totally new place and could easily get lost. I pictured myself taking long runs on the beach (in my mind, all cities in coastal states are approximately 2 minutes from the beach - this delusion is the result of growing up in the midwest, I think), but I was actually taking short runs through neighborhoods, but it was all good. I did run by a Waffle House, although I didn't actually go there. Apparently, most southerners think they're gross, but I am oddly drawn to them. Don't ask why.

Anyway, I think I may possibly be getting sick, but still went for a run (albeit a short one) this morning, because I thought the cold air would run through my nasal passage and clear my lungs or something? I know I probably should've WebMD-ed it before I went out, but my internal doctor was telling me to go with it. I welcome all comments about whether or not my medical knowledge is sound.

I wish I had more to say, but I'm emotionally/physically tapped out right now on account of my traveling and job switch, so, that's all I've got. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment